Thursday, February 6, 2014

Nesting

I know I'm like a mama (or grandma) with a new baby...I just have to show "it" off.  Yesterday, amidst a snow storm, I was enjoying watching one of my eagles grab some venison while a few crows were being a nuisance.  Just as I set down my camera, the crows flew away and Abigail appeared.  This is the first time I had seen the two together, other than in the nest last spring.  Seeing each alone, it's hard to tell the male from the female but together, Abigail is a tad smaller in stature than Millard.  Also, Abigail was definitely giving Millard some pointers in scavenging while not lifting a talon to help.  She was eagle nagging..I could tell....... from experience.  Pretty much the rest of my morning was history.  I took tens of photos, a short video and posted them for my nature lovers to see.  I love that so many of my friends enjoy the glimpses of nature that EIEIO provides me/us. I know we have several more weeks (maybe months) of winter ahead of us but the observing of Abigail and Millard still here together, allows me to think we may enjoy another spring of nesting and chicks. They do mate forever!!  I really do need my own perch by the inlet to observe and photograph..............stranger things have happened:-0  Here are some of yesterday's shots!



No comments:

Post a Comment