Thursday, February 24, 2011

Creative packing

Today's a busy day.  Cleaning, laundry, loading,  golf, and shuttle watching.....Closing up the concrete condo is relatively easy... A little Clorox clean up and some vacuuming. If we were here longer, we'd try and convert our lawn from a pseudo beach to a lush, green  landscape.  As it lays now, we track enough sand inside to fill Bailee's sandbox.  On the other hand, we've yet had the need to shovel so I'm sure our northern pals really don't want to hear it. I am struggling with my recent promises to bring home some warmth and sunshine. I put some in a baggie yesterday and somehow it leaked out. Jeff, Lee and Squeege (Brian) are golfing this noon and then we'll wander to the south pasture to hopefully catch a glimpse of the last Endeavor mission to the space station.  Nighttime usually offers a more dramatic, easily viewed sighting but with clear skies predicted, we should see the trail and the split. An ironic end to both this mission and our annual mission to alleviate the winter blahs. 

I will miss the sunshine, the birds singing, the amazing sunsets, looking out my patio door and seeing the orange grove and my morning coffee on the patio.....BUT I'll be on my way back to EIEIO, the breakfast club, Jess anad Bailee, and my very favorite place on earth.....HOME!

btw, those are LEMONS....and they're awesome.......

No comments:

Post a Comment