Friday, February 11, 2011

Careful what you wish for.........

Have you ever said," I wish things would just slow down or there were more hours in the day so I could spend more time w/ my spouse/partner?"  Be very careful what you wish for....I'm used to waking up and Lee has already shit, shaved,showered, shampooed and shuffled off to Locke for the day. Here, in our cozy, little concrete condo..I wake (usually thanks to a ringing cell phone with the caller accustomed to chatting w/ Lee anywhere from 5-6 a.m.) and there's a 6 ft. hunk of burning love lying next to me...yikes.  I'm not sure whether I should quietly get up in hopes of not disturbing him or wake him and begin our day "together".  At home, we each have our own dressing room....here.. we share...Sharing is way too much "together!" So this morning, I woke him and waited patiently while he heated a cinnamon roll, made coffee, flushed the john, ran the water, talked on the phone and dressed for the day.  We watched a segment on GMA together... (a semi-local gal, Kathy O'Connell's daughter, Becky Worley, is GMA"s tech reporter) and then I spent the following 5 minutes telling him what she'd said.  Usually, I cook breakfast but we'd already spent more time together than we do in a normal day so I suggested that he venture to Mickey D's for sausage biscuits knowing full well that he'd have to pass by Lowes and would turn in thinking there was something we just couldn't live without.  Today we couldn't live without birdseed and a welcome mat.  Thank God we have needy neighbors and he then spent some time getting their heat going.  He did mention he had a lot to do today...gluing down the wrinkled, heat scorched dashboard in the caddy, washing the car, pulling some weeds and raking under the fruit trees.  This will keep him outdoors for a couple of hours.  Then we'll address lunch and supper and when and what we should do for each of these monumental events.  Sometimes we "skip" lunch and head for local eateries to partake of the early bird specials. These specials, btw, are generally pretty good and most helpful in keeping some semblance of liquidity in our vacation fund.  Apres dinner....we're back to the concrete condo and settled in for some Cash Cab, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.  Jeopardy generally does the rick and sends Leroy packing off to bed, he can't hear the answers, doesn't know the questions and , on cue, remarks nightly about the stupid ass format of the game..period.
Then and only then can I sit back, relax and spend quality time..................with myself.  So the next time you're dreaming of the day(s) when you can spend more time w/ your significant other.... be very careful what you wish for...it just might happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment