Wednesday, January 19, 2011

RV..

Isn't that an abbreviation for renovate?    It is now.  I happened to tune in to HGTV's "RV-2011".  It could have been very hazardous to my wealth..or lack thereof.  They had some absolutely gorgeous RV's on display at the 2011 show in Harrisburg. Some had 2-4 slide-outs, a bath and a 1/2, washers and dryers, hardwood floors, granite counters and one 5th wheel even had an upstairs with a spiral staircase.  The staircase wasn't for me... it was pretty narrow and I'd hate like hell to get stuck half way up.  What I did love and have talked about for awhile is having a recliner (or 2) in the "living room instead of a sofa.  The couch in ours is undoubtedly the most uncomfortable piece of furniture, mobile or otherwise, that I've ever plopped my big arse on.  We don't have company overnight, so we don't need it to fold down or up or any other position....I just need it to fit through the door.  Of course, when I mentioned that I would "like it gone", everybody said it wouldn't fit. Well how the hell did it get in there?  Lee's next excuse was, "nobody ever really uses it."  In which I replied, "I do!  you go to bed @ 7 p.m. but I stay up till 11 or after...even traveling, and there's no way to get comfortable on it."  I've already had the chair by the door taken out and that gave us so much more wiggle room.  I'm not a couch fan. I'm a recliner fan and it just so happens that I have an extra one.  Well I just got the phone call I've been waiting for.  The motor home spent a warm night inside the shop and the verdict is...(from our illustrious panel of 3.(.Lee, Chip and Mike)  that the couch will probably fit through the doorway...... YAY...It will be one less place to pile things. It will give us way more room to maneuver and I can stretch out and watch TV or read while Lee's catching some Zzz's.  I did mention this morning that we could purchase a new(er) motor home...I'll bet that's what made the couch able to fit through the doorway.

disclaimer:  The attached photo is the dream sequence... (slide out)... but you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment