Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Flash Mob

I'm assuming (and you know what that does) that you all know about the newest viral hit of the Flash Mob.  If not, it's the act of a substantial group, supposedly randomly appearing in a public place and breaking into song and/or dance.  One is planned for Moravia this Friday at 4 p.m.  I know, all the details are a bit less than random but without the details...no one would be there to randomly sing and dance  (that they have not so randomly rehearsed for days).  This MOB was the brain child of a Syracuse news columnist to keep his kids occupied during school break, honor Millard Fillmore and most assuredly get some publicity for him and his newspaper.


http://www.syracuse.com/kramer/index.ssf/2011/01/millard_fillmore_flash_mob_fri.html

Today's morning paper had a rather humorous letter to the editor :

Dancing together in a place never heard of

To the Editor:
I was excited when I read about Jeff Kramer’s upcoming flash mob and really looked forward to participating. But as I read the Jan. 3 column I became progressively more disappointed.

What has me so frustrated?

1) It’s not a singing one. My wife says I can’t dance to save my life.
2) It’s in a place called Moravia, which I’ve never heard of. I don’t even think my passport is up to date.
3) I’m working until 7 p.m. this Friday, so, even if it were in Syracuse or DeWitt, I couldn’t be there by 4 p.m.
4) Most disappointing, I was excited about singing in honor of my favorite Post-Standard comics character, Mallard Fillmore, and learned that this one is about some dead president named Millard Fillmore. I wanted to sing for Mallard Fillmore, not dance for Millard Fillmore. If Kramer has another flash mob, maybe in one of our two mutual former hometowns, Bellingham, Wash., or Orange County, Calif., I can plan on being there.
Mark R. Sukoenig
DeWitt 

It should be a fun time but even if nobody shows up, with the exception of Jeff Kramer, his 2 daughters, whoever might need milk..or beer @ 4 p.m. on a Friday and ME..... it's given a little publicity to our quaint little town......and we could use some, short of that squealing incident.....

No comments:

Post a Comment