Thursday, January 6, 2011

Epiphany!

Today is the "Epiphany" or the Feast of the Epiphany which marks the end of the Yule festivities or the 12th Day/Night.  I hate to tell the Yule labelers but the holidays were a hell of a lot longer than 12 days.  I started shopping in late summer and actually found one gift still stuck in the tree when we took it down last Sunday. That encompasses at least 5 months.... I've actually jotted down some gift ideas for Christmas 2011...yeah, I know.  I'll try to hold off my shopping till at least July...at least for Christmas...I can't promise everyday shopping will cease anytime soon.
This January we'll remain in New York and then head south for just a couple weeks rather than months. I have a few books that need reading and I have a new "project" in mind for EIEIO. It took a year to complete the H.U.T. but it's just as I envisioned (and planned).  My new project will be a special place for Bailee and Grandma, individually or together, to listen to music and read. I will continue to learn the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Song and the Hot Dog Dance and she,Wooly Bully and the Jitterbug. Our new space will be "Over the river (creek) and through (near) the woods" and full of light, music and books.  A few names are bantering around my finally uncluttered mind.(I'm not sure why naming our spaces and projects evolves but it does). So maybe in the next several months, you'll hear about the Reading Room or the Book Bungalow or maybe the Story Shed or the Culture Cottage. Whatever moniker emerges... I bet you'll know more about it's progress than you ever cared to...  It's kind of an epiphany of my own....and I'm off to feast on the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment