Monday, November 8, 2010

Turning Back

I hate (a strong word) turning back the clocks.  I know those that have to get up very early enjoy the daylight but I hate (there it is again) having it get dark at 4:30.  Why, that's right in the middle of Ellen and I'm getting groggy already.  I haven't even thought about supper and it's practically time for bed!  I've never liked turning back much of anything. It seems like such a negative concept. I don't even think turning back time would be a good idea.  Those prior years have made us who we are today.. like it or not.  There might be a couple of things I would have done differently like finish college and acquire a educated skill... Although, I'm not a dummy and garnered a lot of knowledge through life and experiences. When I start a project, I like to see it through to completion and hate to give up and turn back... (although I DID start a wallpaper project yesterday and quit when I realized we had numbered the mural pieces incorrectly last year).  When we're lost during travel, we don't turn back (OK maybe once in Jerome's maiden voyage) and start over....we just plug along and find the right path.  If I haven't picked up my current book in awhile, I must admit that I do "turn back" a few pages and regroup.  I think that might just be an old age thing.  Now that I actually put these turn backs on paper, I guess maybe I turn back more than I realize.  I do know for a fact that the ones I enjoy the most are turning back the pages of a photo album  and turning back the sheets!! We don't get a lot of "do overs" in life so I guess the harmless turn backs aren't really so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment