Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sadness

This morning I am filled with sadness.  At breakfast this morning, I learned of the untimely death of a very dear, old (in value not age) friend.  She had begun a battle with cancer that appeared it could be "handled" with a pill... I had not heard that the treatment had been changed to the conventional drip method.  It seems that  possibly an allergic reaction had occurred.  A neighbor had not seen her in a couple days which was unusual for the boisterous gal who rarely rested. The police gained entry and found her....alone and gone....My mind is hoping it was quick and painless and regardless of the circumstances... This is the way it was ! Pam was a HUGE advocate for Owasco Lake where we had grown up and been friends for nearly 50 years.  Her brother, Steve and my brother, Steve were fast, summer friends.  They loved the water and spent their summers in all the water activities the lake provided. She and her friend, Judy initiated the "Swim Owasco" program each Labor Day.  She was a tireless proponent for making and keeping our greatest natural resource as wonderful for future generations as it had been for ours.  Pam had almost seen her dream of living on the lake year-round in their family summer home, become a reality.  This was to be the year of the move until she received a diagnosis of a small growth in her chest.  That changed her plans for this year but not for the future.. The move was just pushed back a season.....I'm never sure what "He's" thinking when someone who is so full of life and giving and caring ceases to exist on earth where she was doing so much good.   I guess I just need to keep the faith and hope that she tells my brother Steve and my Dad that all is well here!...We'll miss you Pam ♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment