Monday, November 29, 2010

Titles.....

With the holiday season comes titles.... Black Friday, Cyber Monday.....and some of my favorites....Thirsty Thursday, Sunday Funday or Wacky Wednesday (oh, we have those all year;-).  I don't participate in Black Friday..or maybe I do by NOT shopping that day.  I did just jump in on Cyber Monday although I swore I was finished so I just bought a few things....................FOR ME!!!!  I'm keeping the bag industry in the black this year..... I only have a few things that will be wrapped traditionally..and the rest get bagged... I'll spruce them up with new tissue paper and maybe even a clever adornment.. like a pine cone, or a paint brush or something that relates to the contents.  This week will be a fun shopping trip... Bailee, Jess and I are participating in the Elf program through Cornell for Moravia students.  We sign up and are given a child to buy for.  This year we have a 5 year old from Millard Fillmore who loves princesses and purple.  We'll (Bailee) choose clothes, toys and then come home and wrap up this year's Christmas for someone else. I think it will be fun for Bailee to learn the importance of giving and shopping in town....She's young but smart and never too little to entrench the little things in her spongy brain.  It amazes me how much she retains.... for every cell I lose, I think she gains:-)
So tomorrow  (Tuesday) will now be known as Thankful Tuesday.... Thankful for all we have and that we have enough to share with others....We'll start the day with new titles:  Bountiful Bailee, Generous Grandma and Magnanimous Mommy! We are entitled to pat ourselves on the back for a good job done!

No comments:

Post a Comment