Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Fitness Program

I don't go to Zumba, I don't belong to a gym (well sort of, I must own at least a board in the high school or elementary gym by now), I don't jog and I don't eat exceptionally well, health-wise..shocker!  Heck, I don't even watch Biggest Loser.  All of these revelations are painfully obvious! I read an article that said people should take at least 10,000 steps every day- that equals about five miles of walking.  So I did some fancy calculations:

My bedroom to the front door = 18   (10 in case of fire) but then I have french doors in the BR  duh)
My front door, around the house and back to the front door = 161 (now I know why I have a riding mower)
My home to a friend's home = 79 ( I have a friend living in the lower garage)
The door of my parked car to my refrigerator = 20 (short jaunt for grocery delivery)
My desk to the bathroom = 22 (x 10 trips a day)
My refrigerator to the media room = 39 (which includes 13 steps which is = to climbing the Glen steps)
My desk to the kitchen =31 (several times)
So if I add up all the times I do each of these hikes per day, I've only walked 749 ........at home.... Now that doesn't count my steps to the diner, two post offices, the Modern Market or Kinney's.  That must equal a couple thousand.  So, let's say I walked 2749 steps a day.. or round it up to 3000!!!  If 10,000 is 5 miles than 1 mile is 2000 steps and 1000 steps  is a 1/2 mile.... So, If I weren't to leave my dooryard, I'm walking 1.5 miles a day.  Wow, I feel better (and healthier) already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRB, I have to go potty....44 steps down!

No comments:

Post a Comment