Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Enough Already.....

13 more days and counting till we finally stop hearing those well thought out campaign ads.  A few are clever...very clever...most suck.Talk is cheap and I refuse to vote for anyone who rips apart their opponent..even if they are braggarts and big mouths with little to back up their platforms.  I want to hear from a candidate that is going to tell me what they "hope" to accomplish.... not what they will accomplish because we all know it's easier said than done.  When we were in Charlotte, I got a taste and earful of some new ads.  I saw such possibilities for some of the candidates...not for what they'd do but how clever their ads could be. (my blind ambition would have been to be in advertising..too little too late for me) One candidate running for something in NC was John Spratt...Holy cow , the guy didn't even go there...so many Jack Spratt ideas, lean-fat, etc. ran through my simple little mind.

Unfortunately, party is becoming less and less meaningful to me. I'm disgruntled, discouraged, disgraced and disturbed with every single aspect of our government from local to federal and if I never hear the words TEA PARTY again, I'll be happy. Even poor Bailee can't get Grandma to set the table and talk about a pretend tea party....Christine O'Donnell wants to lead in government but doesn't understand the separation of church and state.  Carl Paladino just plain creeps me out.  Our state Government is truly steered by the Big 3 and our president is well, full of change.  How's that change workin' out for us....? I think it would be such fun to run an advertising campaign for a good candidate....As a good friend recently told me...."If God had wanted us to vote...he'd have given us candidates!!!"  Well he must want us to, cuz we have a ----load of 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment