Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kids say the Darndest Things......

Remember Art Linkletter's Kids Say the Darndest Things?  Well the material for that show would have been endless... Yesterday, we (Bailee, Jess and I) were shopping (shocker) and Bailee was in the checkout line w/ me.  Her Mom has been stressing the "stranger" angle recently and so everyone that I converse with or tries to converse w/ B. is in question. "Do I know her"  "Do I know him"  "Do you know her" Does Papa know him"????  The lady behind us was chatting with Bailee ( I had "cleared" her w/ Bailee) when the gal asked her, "How old are you"?  Bailee raised her 3 fingers and promptly replied "THREE, how old are YOU?"   I looked at the lady and said, "Hey, fair is fair".............................she was 43!

Bailee has been learning to navigate the computer and does extremely well. Last night she had found the game she wanted to play online and steered herself back to the original website.  She was going from page to page and site to site.. Pretty awesome for a 3 year old. I told her I was so proud of her and all she had learned practicing on the computer, I said, "I can't believe all the things you can do by yourself!"  She replied, "Dama, you got no idea!"   Then she looked at me, smiled and said, "You're the best Dama in the whole we-old!"

Top that Art!

No comments:

Post a Comment