Monday, August 30, 2010

"Bear"ly correct

You know all about my "soap box" ranting on grammar and spelling. I read my emails and check in on FB updates several times a day.  I know, some are saying "get a life" while others are right there with me.  First let me say a great big "Thank You" to the developers of Mozilla Firefox.  I changed browsers (out of necessity when my Fantasy Football draft room wouldn't run on IE for some inexplicable reason) last week from my old standby IE (Internet Explorer) which I had cut my Internet teeth on for years. I went to Mozilla Firefox. Jeff had tried to get me to change for a few years but you know the old "old dogs" adage.  Anyway, somebody in Mozilla world gets huge kudos from me.  Spell check now appears everywhere.  As I'm writing a face book entry, an email or even here on Blogger.  I'm lovin' the red squiggly line that appears under any misspelled word. (It's even back there under lovin" (oops there it is again).  As always, I digress!  Last Thursday I was relaxing with my breakfast pals and perusing the local morning paper. Bear knocks down man in his backyard was the mini headline. Just a short article about the proliferation of bear in our area.  Here's my grammar "no no" of the day.
       "He told police he fought back and was able to get up and run back to the house, which is about 55 miles north of New York City"
Wow, that guy better enter the next scheduled marathon... He could run it......AND run back......and have a couple miles to spare.....

No comments:

Post a Comment