Monday, November 2, 2015

Grandma Rules.......

I treasure absolutely every second I have with Bailee.  If I could keep her at any particular age, it would be right now....8-9.  It helps that she is bright, has a wonderful sense of humor, gets my jokes and even trumps them with her own and has returned to the snuggly phase.  She is not a real junk food junkie. Her drink of choice is almost always milk and she'd rather snack on cottage cheese than cookies.  She does love treats from Papa's candy box and sneaks them occasionally.. although she knows that I know, as the candy box talks when it's opened.  We both pretend the other doesn't hear it;-)
Unsolicited hugs, pats on the arm, a head on my shoulder and "I Love You(s)" literally bring tears to my eyes and take my breath away.  Sounds pretty Hallmarkish I know but non-fiction through and through.  In the back of her mind, there's a little trepidation about sharing me with her new cousin but I think deep down she knows that she will always be my first, true love and we'll always have that special something.  I'm hoping that there will never be a time when she'd rather go on a date than come to Grandma's, spend time with her friends than with me or make fun of the wrinkly, old lady in the chair but I know that time is right around the corner.. But for now, I hope she continues to stay on course, smile when she hears my name and remembers that she'll never be too old to lay her head on my shoulder......or mine on hers♥




                                                         






                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment