Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Told you!

Today is my sweet, sassy, smart, stylish, stinker, Bailee Brown's NINTH birthday.  Hard to believe that 9 years have passed since we rushed to the hospital that night.  I got to watch you enter this confusing world ( a first for me!)  I got to be the one to separate you from your Mom who had done such a good job keeping you safe and healthy for 9 long months. From day one you were on time.... arriving exactly on your due date!  Good job!!! You were slippery, yellow and looked a little Chinese but you were beautiful.  You were, and always will be, my first grandbaby!  No one will ever replace you in my heart ....or my chair.  I am so proud of the wonderful girl you have become.  You love to read, sing, dance and cuddle.  You are a good student and almost always do your best... I think you've realized that listening facilitates learning a little more than talking but you did fall from the "talking tree" so we'll blame some of the constant chatter on heredity and your volume of Papa's hearing...or lack thereof ;-)

Your sense of humor makes me smile out loud....a lot. You have given us more Baileeisms than we can count... I guess we'll just have to "deal about it!" Your wisdom at such a young age makes me proud.  Your compassion often calms me and you handle adversity pretty well too.  You'll have disappointments that will make you appreciate your successes, struggles that will make you summon patience, discretion and logic and sadness that will let you revel in your happiness! All are part of making you the very best girl you can be....

You'll always be "my girl".....this proves it....


Happy Birthday my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment