Monday, September 14, 2015

You must be nuts!

As I sit at my desk, I'm watching the leaves come sailing across the yard. We are blessed (or cursed) with a multitude of black walnut trees.  They are the last of the trees to get their leaves in the spring and the first to lose them in the fall.  The falling walnuts are a hazard to the lawnmower and really should be gathered and given to someone who will use them.  They would make a wonderful cake or beautiful black stain for basket weavers. I do understand that they, however, can be harmful to my feathered family.  Hopefully I can keep them full of nutritious treats so they leave the green, fuzzy nuts alone.. If it were me, I'd certainly stay clear of green, fuzzy nuts...just sayin' !!


Nuts are pretty popular this fall. I even have a picture of tiny little nuts sitting framed on my desk. They are our newest favorite nuts...Jett nuts!  I must admit that I look at them several times a day. I don't think that makes me strange!  Do you?  I really never thought that little nuts would excite me quite this much. I mean it's been years since nuts were even on my list of favorite things much less at the top of the list.


One thing is for sure.. I am NUTS about fall and all signs point to it being right around the corner. I think I'll go make some brownies to celebrate....with nuts of course!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment