Monday, September 21, 2015

Early Birthday

At our house, we love birthdays... early ones, late ones and sometimes we even celebrate birthdays of people we don't know.. it's just who we are!
Saturday we celebrated Jeff's birthday...2 months and 8 days early...but who's counting. There was a bit of method to my madness as I knew that he should take a bow hunting course prior to getting his license and they are usually given right about now! So, it seemed prudent...and necessary that we celebrate early.  Nobody said that we won't do it all over again come November 27th. In fact, I'm pretty sure we will! Birthdays are pretty important around EIEIO.  Even the chickens have them!








I had no idea what this bow looked like or how it worked. I was picturing the old fashioned type "Robin Hood" bow. I was mistaken (write that down)....this beauty works pretty much like a gun...scope and all. I feel a little sorry for the neighborhood deer who I have stalked all summer . I have beautiful pictures of them and now I'm afraid they may appear in their obituaries:-(  I must muster up the thought that this too, is a sport and at least the family is doing something outside together.  I prefer the sport of football but I would never dream of eating one..... different strokes for different folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment