Tuesday, September 8, 2015

1st Day of 4th Grade!!

What a busy week it's been... So much wonderful news but today will be ABC day.. All Bailee Conversation!  This morning it was pictures, new clothes, heavy backpack, new teacher and the beginning of 4th grade!  At the end of 3rd grade, she was a little unhappy as she didn't get her teacher of choice.... even an 8 year old must learn about disappointment!  After a few months of pep talks, I'm sure all will be fine and she'll love 4th grade.... maybe not quite as much as 3rd grade but that kind of teacher often only comes a long once in a lifetime.   Mine was Mrs. Maroney...2nd grade, in the old Locke school! And yes, I do remember.  I can see the school, the cafeteria, the gym (same place) and my classroom.  ( I can't remember much of yesterday but Mrs. Maroney is clear as a (school) bell!)  It doesn't seem possible that we'll only have one more photo session in front of the elementary school.. Thank Goodness that another grandbaby is coming along.
Fourth grade will be a bit tougher.  The coddling days are over, the printing must be neat, play time is at a minimum and then there are those state tests..... you know how I feel about those!!  There will also be new experiences as this year there are clubs to join, instruments to play, choruses to sing and art to enjoy.
I've decided that if I could freeze time with B, it would be now.  I love her wit, her knowledge, her sarcasm, her honesty and her love of learning. Our one on one time compares to nothing! I hope this is her very best year ever and that she'll always remember that she's my very favorite granddaughter ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment