Monday, September 28, 2015

The Harvest Moon eclipse.  Last night was a photographer's dream.  Full harvest moon, lunar eclipse, clear skies and mild temperatures.  All fell into place nicely.  Low clouds hung over the horizon just enough to make the rising of the moon bless us with some wonderfully eerie fall photos.  Shortly thereafter, the moon rose above the clouds and the shadows began to fall. Right on schedule at 9:07 a reddish haze began to slowly march across the craters, one by one. It's really quite spectacular how the astronomers know the exact second these phenomenons will occur but they were right on the money. Now, if I could get just one of those fellows to come to my house and fix my computer, all would be right with the world. I spoke (and I use the term loosely) with a gentleman whom I quite sure is a wonderful guy, loved by his family and friends, intelligent beyond his years and was sitting behind a desk in Bangledesh. Pretty sure I've never said, "excuse me" so many time in a 60 minute time period.  Then a couple of times HE actually said, "excuse ma'am but I can't understand you very well!" seriously..WTF, YOU can't understand Me? I glanced in the mirror and saw no dot on my forehead so I quickly deduced that this conversation was going absolutely nowhere and I had just totally wasted 58 minutes of my Sunday morning. Shouldn't he have been kneeling on a mat somewhere instead of trying to fix my computer 7000 miles away?
Anyway, my point being that some huge things are unfathomably accomplished while seemingly tiny problems can't be solved. I can't seem to get a call returned from 20 miles away. Thank God for my iPhone!




No comments:

Post a Comment