Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Take your best SHOT!

Yesterday I headed to the new "protocol" BP check that I ranted about last week.  I figured I might as well see exactly what I needed in the way of immunizations. I've been walking around guilt ridden since the new whooping cough commercial began airing a few weeks. I'm pretty sure they were talking directly to me..  "Would you put your new grandchild at risk of the dreaded whooping cough virus?"  So, I got the new booster that's generally given to kids, DPT.  My one time dose of prevention against diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough.  You're welcome Baby Hat! Shots don't bother me but this morning I'm sure I was whacked in the arm by a wrecking ball. Old muscles don't tolerate sharp objects quite as they used to.
I then asked about these other well advertised booster shots.......most are aimed strictly at Senior Citizens.  A shingles shot? ( I'd rather do the reminiscing with Terry Bradshaw)  A pneumonia shot? ( I'm cold tolerant) A flu shot? ( never had it, don't want it) Opted out of all but did take the script for the shingles shot.  I was mulling them all in my head but all I could see was my arm flapping in the wind riddled with needle holes...A butterfly net came to mind!
Today I'm good to go if I travel to a 3rd world country, step on a rusty nail or encounter the nasty cough virus.  The others will just have to wait...I am, however, considering a shot of Baileys!

No comments:

Post a Comment