Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Fowl Power

Today, the girls and boys are getting power to their condo (aka barn.)  Bright and early the equipment and manpower arrived. By 8:30, the ditch was dug, the conduit was laid, the bees had stung and the Bud Lite was popped. Who says country life isn't grand! (yes Bailee, that's a rhetorical question..how does an 8 year old know that?)



Jeff and Greg built my screen partition in the barn, curtains for the nesting boxes are in production, the pond is on site and the drainage ditch is in place. Jeff's in-laws made us the most beautiful barn quilt and my new windmill is in place.  I must admit, the walnut grove is looking rustically and beautifully country. It will be so nice to have all the critters in one place.....and down wind....sort of.
Mr. P (who Jon believes is most likely Penny) and her pen pal, Bic, are heading to the smoke house on the next leg of their journey at EIEIO.  One escape artist was enough but the two together, in the house, are a real Penn and Teller act..... get it? Penn :-/  I will miss their incessant peeping....not!



Baby is settling in pretty well.  I believe he likes me......and only me.  He tends to stand dead center in the big pool and forces Bruce and the gang to share in the feeding bowl water.  Whatever works...his long tongue and loud hisses give him carte blanche in Web World.

Things are coming together nicely.  The big move is right around the corner...I'll soon have my yard and my garage back and the Grove will be buzzing with fowl language.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment