Sunday, July 19, 2015

FOUR decades.

Well, 40 years ago today I was "doing" my hair and nails and preparing for an outside wedding (that we hade NEVER rehearsed inside in case of rain.)  Mother Nature cooperated and it was a beautiful, fun day.  It was a bit breezy and my veil resembled the flying nun but pictures were fun,  Onlookers from the water had a fisheye view as their pontoon boat stalled and they joined the ceremony nearly on shore.  Wendy sang Annie's Song, Dave (our minister) performed his very first wedding using his thesis for seminary as the service then both Lee and I were kidnapped from the reception by dear friends who shall remain nameless....NOT .....Donnie Nye and Gary Mulvaney.... The girls snatched Lee and we ended up at Glenview.  My Mother was so pleased.  We stopped at my Grandpa's (as he was under the weather) in 2 cars confirming his outspoken greeting, "I knew it wouldn't last!  Well, the joke's on you Gramp... 40 years later, here we are....  semi-retired, 2 great kids, 1 and 2/9 grandkids, 1 step granddaughter, a beautiful DIL (hopefully) and an amazing home by the falls.  And the part you'd like best..... Lee no longer has "that god-damned hair"...in fact, he has none!
We returned safely to the reception and as the Moravia paper always says, "A good time was had by all!"


No comments:

Post a Comment