Monday, December 2, 2013

A Crafty Christmas

With the majority of my shopping completed, I can now do the fun stuff!  The crafty little things that please me almost as much as the giving part.  I decided I needed to dress up the outside of the house for daytime as well as night.  I bought 2 pair of shutters and Jeffrey painted them bright Christmas red for me.  I donned them in green swags and red snowflakes and my Grinchy hubs (better than some years though) hung them for me yesterday.. I LOVE THEM!!

My other Christmas craft is for Bailee.... ok, kind of for me too.  We're making an American Girl town.  We both have enough imagination so we don't need the actual streets (or do we????) so store fronts are our focus.  So far we are set with the Lincoln Elementary School (Addy's era), Bailee's Gym for the (doll like you), the Red Cross (Molly's era) and the Trading Post for Kaya.  The street lights are coming along and we should have the town up for Christmas soon. Santa has been advised to hopefully contribute some props for Christmas morning!

A new store, Hobby Lobby, has just opened in Ithaca and I think I might need to see if they have any accessories that will brighten up our town.  I may come home brokey wokey but hey, who isn't at Christmas time!

Enjoy a few pix of the Christmas shutters and Global City:-)


Some school supplies...from skewers:-)

Kaya's Trading Post

Bailee's Gym

Lincoln Elementary School

Welcome to Global City


No comments:

Post a Comment