Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Retirement Planning 101

 
 
 
Doing a little thinking about retirement.  I don't "work" outside the home so the world assumes I do nothing...That's ok.. We all know what it means to ASS U ME.....I was looking at the graphic above and all the things that are associated with retirement.  More than a dozen of those little words are all about money.  As you know, I'm a planner.  So I'm wondering if the money saved doesn't equal the money needed who will NOT reap the rewards?  Social Security is purely a  humorous pittance of an anecdote that won't even pay for the health care that "Black Obama" (that's what Bailee calls him) has mandated on the fine folks of the USA, savings is a lifetime struggle as the governments from local to federal are vying for every cent you have...or ever will have, 401k isn't even in a self employed business person's vocabulary and insurance is what broke us in the first place!  IRA simply mean your "in retirement abyss" and supplement is the grim prospect of being a door whore (greeter) at WalMart.  None of these prospects sings happiness, freedom or hobbies.  I think they forgot the words, wrinkles, constipation, liver spots, macaroni and holy crap!  I'm really not sure how much retirement savings is enough?  My financial planner asked, "Well how much will you need each month?"  "Oh.. about a 10th of what we've saved." I answered. His expression was less than hopeful !! So it looks like we're back at the drawing board. Once again, I'll assume the role as planner and see what we can do without.  I'm pretty sure a couple of the choices are cigarettes and Johnnie Walker and I'm very sure a couple of the choices aren't Internet and chocolate!

I'm also pretty sure the $1.99 to buy eggs isn't worth the cost of raising 18 chickens.......just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment