Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hello August

Dear August,

Just a short note to let you know how much I am welcoming your arrival.  I have been looking forward to seeing (and feeling) you since the heat wave.  July is an "OK" month but it has nothing on you.  July brings me heat, fireworks, bugs, humidity and the second half of the taxes....I hate them all. You bring me cooler nights, the Beach Boys, school shopping, holiday planning, catalogs and FOOTBALL....!!! Welcome back!

Sincerely,
One of your biggest fans:-)


 This Sunday, a mere 3 nights away, I will curl up, just for kicks, in my recliner and relax with a few punts, passes and penalties.  At this early stage of the preseason, I don't even care who's playing....every team is my favorite team.  Even if I "hate" you by December, I love you in August!  Scores won't matter, players won't matter and winners won't matter...All that matters is you're on the field and it's football season.  I already have my fantasy list for fantasy football.  The last few years I have really sucked but it's fun and it keeps me "up" with all the rosters, all those on the DL and I enjoy losing to some of my other friendly, football FANatics!  My pre-season favorites are:
My head says keep watching the Ravens, the Saints and the Patriots.....My heart says Go Giants, Go Jets and Go Bills.  It will be an interesting year to watch (kinda)  Belichick's New England Patriots. In my estimation, they are the Anthony Weiners of football.  Maybe this will be the year they don't cheat, nobody murders anyone and Bill decides to throw in his Trayvon Martin look-alike outfit and dress like a real coach.  Although, as my grandma always said, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!"
Needless to say I have the preseason and regular season schedules printed and hanging proudly on mu bulletin board.  I will also reserve my Saturday afternoons for the college gridiron although I don't exactly have bowl aspirations for the Syracuse Orangemen...maybe all the new brooms will sweep clean....Maybe S.S. at S.U. will take the A.C.C. by storm...As they say...On any given Sunday (or Saturday:-).....

1 comment: