Monday, August 26, 2013

A Little Chilly

Here we are at Monday..again.  My favorite day of the week even though it's damp and a little chilly.  The damp is due to drizzle and the looming possibility of 2-3 inches of rain in 3 hours this afternoon.  The chilly is due to a draft arriving at 8 p.m.! A Fantasy Football draft that is.  Now I can put to use all the pre-season information I have amassed in these 3 short weeks and hope that any and all of my successful draft choices are smart enough to stay off the field and healthy until opening week. The pre-season brings me back to the days (years) of motocross when I would watch the competition with one hand on the camera/remote now and the other with crossed fingers.  I'm just a little superstitious!!!  I'm thinking this has majorly contributed to my advanced stage of arthritis.  I'm the person you don't see in the commercials where matching socks are mandatory, bald heads are rubbed, rally caps are necessary and fingers are crossed while chanting " Let's Go Buffalo, Let's Go Buffalo, Hay  A A A...."  I've already checked my settings and my computer is ready.  Dinner is planned to be finished by 7:30 with dishes done and everyone advised that "You don't bother Grandma/Mom for the next 45 minutes."  (even if the house is fire....... bring buckets and keep the water away from the computer!!  This is not negotiable!)

By 8:45, I will know how wonderful my team might be or how disgustingly bad it sucks.  Either way, I've managed to lose dreadfully each year I've participated.  So why, you might ask, do I bother to put myself through the stress?  I ♥ Football..... win, lose or draw, it's my sport of choice.  I couldn't have more fun if I were in the stands with my face painted.  My chair is comfy, my bathroom is near, the refrigerator is stocked and my remote, iPhone and computer are ready.... They're synced and I'm psyched!  So the answer is...Yes.....
                                              .I'M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment