Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Little Nip

 This morning there's a little nip in the air.... Ahhhhhhhhh..... My very favorite time of year is slowly approaching and has given us a teeny preview this morning.  The wind was just howling, small, yellow leaves were cascading from the trees, walnuts were thudding to the ground and the mercury was sitting in a perfect spot.  The coffee shops were echoing protests from snowbirds and others were lamenting the abrupt end of summer.  I am in my glory!  It's that time of year where your ambition kicks in as the humidity takes leave, the previews for new fall shows pop up (sometimes too much) and the excitement for the return of old favorites replacing a myriad of reruns sets in.  School shopping begins and the anticipation of a new, fun-filled year replaces the "There's nothing to do" whines that have crept into the past few days.  Football is back, albeit pre-season, and the Buffalo Bills actually WON a game!  The cornfields and sunflower fields are amazing. As I look out from our porch, I see the American flag waving in the breeze enjoying rows of perfectly tasseled corn standing at attention.  It doesn't get much better than now...a perfect combination of sun filled days, cool sleepy nights and the endless bounty of fresh foods to enjoy... I guess I really do ♥ New York.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment