Friday, June 7, 2013

Rain, rain you can stay:-)

Maybe I'm just dyslexic.... Most abhor Mondays, I love them. Most like to vacation, I dislike it. Most hate rain, I love it! 
I just took a little stroll to the lower falls just to look!  I've seen them a thousand times and each time is brand new and exhilarating.  Even the occasional mosquito didn't take away the awesomeness....If that's a word?..if it isn't, it is now.  I just may have to load my large picnic umbrella and my outside wicker rocker into the golf cart and move them to my "Overlook!"  After all, I no longer have my "Overbrook" and the falls (and all surrounding it) provides me with this lush, watery vista. Not a bad trade off if I do say so myself!
Just a few steps (many actually) or an ATV ride up the hill provides another amazing sight to behold. I'm ashamed to say I have yet to make the journey to the top to view it.  It's a matter of preference....It's why I no longer ride motorcycles....I prefer not to have my legs apart that long...and my hips concur....(oh so many changes from my youth;-) Anyway...Jeff, Jess, Heather and Lee have all made the trip and extol the beauty...30+ year olds seldom extol much so I'm convinced it's spectacular.  It's on my bucket list. I just haven't found the right bucket to haul my ass up there! I am also, semi content for the time being to look and listen to it's "lowerness." (versus Queen Parsons' "highness")
Here are some photos of the Queen in all her glory and my lower hydrophilic's haven
Parsons Falls

The "study" and "other things" spot..so I've been told


140 feet straight down



A tiny cascading falls in the creek behind the house

My glorious lower falls ♥

I am Lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment