Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Flip that House!

I would love to have the cash and ambition to flip a house. I think I have the knowledge and the skills to know what should stay, what should go and what would sell..... Who am I kidding? I can't even flip my own house!!  Five years and I'm still paying taxes, still insuring it and still awaiting the funds to restore what was expended for EIEIO.  As I've confessed before, I watch way too much HGTV. I also drive by too many run down houses that I'm sure, with a few dollars and a little TLC, could be cute as a button...if you like that kind of house.... We all know the old saying, Location, Location, Location. They say "929" as it's become known (when did we start giving everything a name?  EIEIO, Ralph..ooo TMI) would sell for double what we're asking if it were only located someplace else.
Anyway, back to flipping..... I have a warehouse where I could store things like cupboards, doors, flooring etc., I have experience in designing, decorating and hiring contractors. I have fairly good taste (other than the kind for chocolate and bacon... which FYI, Yankee candle makes a bacon one
 
now!!...just sayin'.)  I have the ability to research and find exactly what I want at a fairly reasonable cost.  Sometimes I splurge....I'm a woman and that's my prerogative ( and yes, that's how it's spelled...I checked!)  I'm probably way too old to start a new venture but then again...age is relative (and thankfully they don't give a damn!!:-) I still have a couple of projects up my sleeve for EIEIO which will placate me for the time being but one of these days you just might see me "flippin' out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment