Friday, December 7, 2012

The Griswolds

I just returned from an impromptu shopping excursion to Auburn.. Yes, I realize I was finished shopping on all 6 of my last trips... Anyway, it reaffirmed my agreement with all the Face Book posts and pictures about this still being the Christmas season and not the PC "Holiday" season....unless of course you are one of the decorators who adorns their houses with lovely ( beauty is in the eyes of the "beer-holder) Christmas decorations perched right next to their Halloween pumpkins, dead, fall mums and even scarecrows and skeletons. This drives me a bit crazy and it doesn't take me long to get there!  An additional Christmas pet peeve is the new holiday inflatables.... I like them.. I have them. Being the caretaker of Frosty the Snowman and Comet the Reindeer, I know they are not inexpensive lawn decorations....If you have the means to purchase these lawn friendly bearers of good cheer, than you undoubtedly have the means to let their little motors run during the day as well......it literally costs pennies.  Nothing looks worse than seeing lawns full of dead, deflated decor laying all over the neighborhood ....especially next to the pumpkins! I'm quite sure that even Clark Griswold would have kept his illuminated lawn ornaments upright throughout the Christmas season.

OK, I feel better! Just airing my opinion releases endorphins that make me happy... even if nobody reads it.. I said..out loud...sort of!

P.S.  I did see some lovely, less is more, Christmas decorations on my travels too...not everybody's a Griswold:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment