Thursday, December 27, 2012

Oh the weather outside is frightful.............

Frightful.....Not so much...Delightful..Oh SO much!!!   If it's winter, there should be snow. A nice foot fell on top of the 6 inches that fell just before Christmas.  It's beautiful. I even put on my boots.....which haven't been worn since the winter of 2010-11.  I haven't yet gotten past the vest into a winter coat.....they're too heavy and uncomfortable.  Papa did mention that snowmobile chances were pretty good.  That too, never moved last winter. The only downfall of that is it messes up the pristine front yard and my picture postcard scenery.... I guess I'll just "deal about it!"  The birds are ecstatic that Jeff filled the feeders.....all except the ones who haven't perfected their winter flight paths and keep crashing into the wall of doors...A couple of dark-eyed juncos have had to shake off some crash landings:-(  The deer have been visiting nightly.  Last night 5 of them roamed the backyard and one little doe even dared approach the bird feeders.....till she saw me in the window..The only fear she should have had is me shooting her...............with my brand new camera:-)
The falls are beautiful with water still falling under the frozen, fallen trees.  To wake up to that each morning is more than anyone could ask for.  As my good friend said the other day, "Looking out here, all is right with the world!"
 night snowfall 12/26

 looks like an angel guarding the cottage!
Our lower falls
 Our backyard beauty

Snow picnic

No comments:

Post a Comment