Friday, August 31, 2012

Go Ahead!

A few blogs ago I extolled the sense of humor virtue in politics.  Last night was a perfect example.  Clint Eastwood, who by the way, is a proponent of gay marriage and abortion (a couple of things most political pachyderms are against)..or at least the freedom of choice that accompanies them, spoke on acceptance night at the RNC.  He rambled a bit....hey, he's 82, you'd ramble too, and yes he did talk to an empty chair.  Many of us have felt that the presidential chair has indeed been empty for the past 3.5 months.... we just didn't have the balls to talk to it on national TV.  As he always does, he told it like it is. If you didn't do the job, it's time to leave. Some pundits called his talk "awkward."  I thought it was truthful, amusing and unscripted.  I'm glad I tuned in and he, as always, went ahead and made my day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment