Friday, August 3, 2012

Creative Jonesing.....

As I whined about yesterday on Face Book, I'm Jonesing about some kind of project.  I've become a bit obsessed with makeovers and designing...nothing huge but yearning for another creation.  Unfortunately, my obsession is larger than my wallet but not larger than my ideas.  I like color but I strayed from my fall classic neutrals when I did our bedroom and bath suite.  I slipped into blues, aquas and returned with a bit of my comfort zone in light sage.  I like it... a lot! It's calming and classy in one fell swoop! I have a plan for the stairway to the man cave and I could probably accomplish it myself  but I like my painter and he's so much faster than I...and neater! It will be very cool when it's finished.
 It's always a joy to get the affirmation that you're on the right track when decorating (although everyone is entitled to drape, paint and design in the way that makes them happy.) Yesterday, I was perusing one of my favorite sites...BHG.com when I saw this photo above.... Hmmmm, a paisley chair, burnt orange striped curtains, hunter green walls and hardwood floors!  It looked vaguely familiar and quite classy if I do say so myself... and I did!  Here's my reading nook below:-)
I have a thing for lighting. My whole house was designed around the light. One decorative recessed ring for the great room, one mosaic light for the guest room, awesome sconces for the theater and the light you see behind the chair used to be the stopping point on our cottage banister.  When the new owners of Overbrook decided to rebuild, they were gracious enough to let me keep the bottom stair post.  Tom Lust constructed a base and Lee wired it... I now have a piece of my childhood to light up one of my favorite corners.
I have a couple of spaces in the basement that could be "something else" but I'm not sure what and a purpose is important.  Maybe I need to buy a house and make a couple of classy apartments.  I'm just not sure there are enough appreciative renters in the area to maintain them in a manner I'd demand!!  Oooo, that sounded elitest, didn't it... Oh well, for the meantime, I'll just keep ripping out magazine pages, bookmarking items and websites and enjoy a few what ifs!

No comments:

Post a Comment