Thursday, October 24, 2019

Oh Christmas tree, tree, tree, tree!

For as much as I love tradition, I enjoy something new to decorate.  I've been trying to clean out the storage room and get down to one tote per holiday...yeah right!  I have taken more decorations than I can fathom to the Thrift Shop.  This upcoming Christmas will be another different day.  We seem to adjust and readjust each year... Family members added ...............and subtracted.  I was feeling a bit sorry for myself thinking that this holiday would be three of us (adults) waking up and hopefully four for dinner... My tables are so much fun for me but cooking and decorating for 3 adults and possibly no children was, to say the least, depressing. 

Then B came home!  Not the frivolity and excitement has returned.  Her monogrammed snow boots won't sit in the closet, her ornaments will adorn the tree and even the Elf on the Shelf will return (I hope.)  Marvy appears more for my amusement but he's still a welcomed tradition and with Jett being here more, he'll enjoy it too.

So, it's always one big, beautiful tree adorned with ornaments old and new...Not this year... I think a celebration is in order and everyone should have their Very Own Tree!!!!  You want purple lights? you get purple lights. You want Harry Potter or rainbow coalition..you get it!!!!  You want guns and ammo...welllll..OK!!  I want plaid and trucks...yep. So, I just lack one tree! This week-end everyone gets to choose their decorations and it'll happen!

With presents purchased and wrapping complete, these are the fun things I have lots of time to "make happen!"  Our annual tradition of Thanksgiving ornaments will be complemented with their individual tree trimmings too.

Let the holidays begin.  Oh Christmas Tree♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment