Friday, October 11, 2019

Always something worse!

For as much as I have whined and sulked and complained the last few months, I knew in my heart that at least all the crazies were alive to bitch about.  You think your problems are gigantic, insurmountable and worse than most everyone else's.

A couple of days ago I realized I was wrong (yep, call Ripleys.) Jeff's work crew was plugging along doing an end of the year project when tragedy struck.  Not the whiny kind of daily misfortunes that I've had lately but full-blooded, gut-wrenching tragedies.  A coworker was just killed on the job.  Just Jeff's age, a Dad and even the same name.  Thankfully, Jeff had the sense to immediately inform us that he was "Ok!" A crew of grown men was literally brought to their knees, saddened by a senseless loss and counting their blessings all at the same time.

A reality check for me to say the least.  Life popped into view from an entirely different perspective.  Small stuff, although senseless and sad, didn't compare with loss.  People make life choices and they aren't always what you might have chosen for them. Let it go.....Let them go!  These continue to be choices...and to have the option to make choices means you are alive. 

Jeff's co-worker no longer has those options. 

I do.... Those who care and have risen to the top and the dregs are no longer visible.  Things may change in the future and if so, I will accommodate the shift. For now, my heart aches for those no longer able to choose and it remains open to those who can... I will no longer dwell on the negative but live for the positive.  For as bad as life is at any particular moment, there is always something worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment