Friday, November 1, 2019

Thirty Days

Well, here we are..November first! We made it through another month on this crazy roller-coaster.  I have never wished away time but I'll be glad to see 2020 roll in and 2019 be far behind us in the rearview mirror.  I might even stay awake until midnight on New Year's eve and give it a couple of whoop whoops!

As I've been reflecting on the past 304 days, I have learned that every family has its dysfunction.  That has been a bit comforting while also a bit disconcerting.  I could probably search for answers but they'd undoubtedly end up being more excuses than answers.  My children have made less than stellar decisions.....each culminating in losses...huge losses.  One has learned from them..one has not.  Helplessly I stand by to pick up the pieces and try to reconstruct the shattered souls....and shattered they are!  Bailee always likes to hear my prayers at night. Especially the part about "helping to make me "Elmers!"  She's a smart cookie and she put those words together understanding that I hoped to be the glue! I will continue to work on it as best I can. 

November is a month of celebrations. I hope we can make it a drama-free month of birthdays, hunting and Thanksgiving.  Simple things make for simple smiles.  That's really all I ask for these days.  I will try to be more thankful than regretful (not sure that's a word.)  Facebook usually has a WIATF challenge and I will join in.... Sometimes we just need a little nudge to help us remember!

....And of course, Christmas is only 54 days away.... That'll help!


No comments:

Post a Comment