Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Humbled

Wow, I am definitely a more humble person this morning.  I am overwhelmed by the birthday sentiments I've received already this morning and it isn't even 10:30.  I think what I love the most about birthdays (and any day) anymore is the openness that seems to exist.  A generation ago, sentiments were generally said behind closed doors...or not at all.  Today, not only the next generation but even folks our age, are less inhibited and more open to sharing what they feel... That's a very good thing!! The majority of my family (immediate Hewitt) doesn't even like each other much less love so I am so thankful for my Hatfield family and my dear friends... I love that my nieces and nephews seldom, if ever, forget my birthday! It's not a big deal.....yeah it is...it's a very big deal.
Some of my over 150 messages are from those I rarely see but think of often.  It is such a major thing to be kind and means more than most will ever realize. Birthdays are a big thing....I don't need gifts or even cake (ok some kind of sweets) or even a card but the sincere wishes already expressed have made my day in ways many will never understand.  Thank you all for every single one... It warms my heart and wets my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment