Monday, April 6, 2015

Special Delivery

Time sure flies when you're having fun.  33 years ago today, I didn't even know you entered this goofy world.  I had "put in my order" and was waiting patiently for confirmation and delivery date.  I didn't even specify which parts I wanted to add (or subtract) from the package. I just knew that I was happy with the first order and decided there was room in the house (and my heart) for another.  Thirty three years ago communication and delivery confirmations weren't as easy to receive as they are now. No emails or texts to say your package had been shipped or when and who might actually deliver it.  The order had been placed and that was pretty much all you knew.  Finally, after waiting several months, I mean, come on UPS ( uterus provider surrogate)  you know where we live, The call eventually came that the package was available for inspection. We made an appointment to peruse the goods the very next day but I was on the phone ASAP to let folks know that our order was in! The first person (after Lee) that I called was Resa Dee.... I was so excited I could barely speak.... After rambling on for a couple of minutes she asked, "well is it a female or a male package?"   (She didn't really say package but you know it's cooler for this blog!)  My reply was even cooler..... "Oh sh#*...I forgot to ask!!!!"
So I called back the delivery center and was given the amazing news that it was indeed a female package... How flippin' lucky were we.....  The next day arrived and we headed to the warehouse to inspect our package..... She was perfect, had all her parts and the cutest little squiggly curl in the middle of her forehead. We wrapped her back up and took her home.  The sale was final and they explained that there were no returns or exchanges.  To date, there have only been a few times that the idea even entered my head but I remembered the warranty was up and what we raised was what we got!!!  I'd say we've been pretty happy with our purchase and we've decided that we'll keep her another 33 years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment