Monday, February 23, 2015

The "Sandys"

I managed to stay awake and alert throughout the entire 87th Academy Awards.  When it begins one day and ends another, it's a long show!  I'm not a Fashionista so I'll leave those critiques to those in the know. What I liked would undoubtedly vary from the experts.
I do, however, have my opinions on pretty much everything else ....so here goes:


Thumbs Up:


Lady Gaga...I was super impressed.  Underneath the eccentricity is a woman with a golden voice.
The surprise introduction of Julie Andrews and the emotional embrace.
The passionate and heartfelt thank yous.  Those given the opportunity to reach astronomical numbers used the platform for much needed messages.
Tim McGraw and his tribute to Glenn Campbell. A message reminding us all "they won't be missing us" sung in a way that resonated with millions.....and me for sure!
Neil Patrick Harris....always a quick wit and mostly flawless delivery.  The opening was, as predicted, amazing!


Thumbs Down:
"Everything is Awesome" musical number.. belonged at the Nickelodeon Awards.
Micheal Keaton's incessant chomping on his gum even after he knew he would be on camera for anything "Birdman" related.
John Legend's comment about black men.   Saying that there are now more black men incarcerated than were slaves in the 1800's doesn't exactly strengthen their purpose.
Neil's Birdman "take off" on those tidy brighties...I mean whiteys!
The entire Red Carpet... a waste of time and money. Start the show earlier and end before the next day!
022215110448



No comments:

Post a Comment