Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Addicted

It's not shocking news that I love the wildlife at EIEIO...From feathers to fur, I'm addicted to them all.  Ok, maybe not the black ones with the white stripe! I have been known to entice their visits with a variety of treats from seeds to fruit to venison.  They reciprocate by returning and allowing me the chance to wallow in the wonder of nature's creatures... Trite but true.  I'm not the hunter of the family.  I tried once to kill a squirrel and ended up merely wounding a birdfeeder and Bailee's slide.  It's just not in me......unless it has 8 legs and then I'm Rambo, The Terminator and the Godfather all rolled into one hot mess. Luckily octopi are exempt and rarely found in or near the lakes and creeks of upstate New York.  I try to provide my woodland buddies with treats they will enjoy and will fill their bellies till the snow melts and the woods can provide.  The eagles and the hawks get their venison, the cardinals and Jays their sunflower seeds.  Corn for the squirrels, deer and turkeys and peanut butter pine cones for everybody. I was always fearful that once the feeders were full, they'd become dependent on me but all my research says "nay!"  If they're hungry enough, their instincts will kick in and they'll find food.  I am, however, always looking for new and tasty treats for them all.  Today, I hit the jackpot.  I have a few reservations as the only dealer moniker I would fancy would be in a healthy poker situation!!! But here it is.....no backroom shady deals and no money changing hands (hooves.) Assuming it's highly addictive, our hills will be filled with happy critters. If, on the other hand, I see evidence of tightly rolled leaves laying randomly on the feeder, I will assume it's all gone awry and EIEIO will need to revamp it's priority from wildlife restaurant to rehab! It may no more be "Let it snow?" instead......choruses of  "Let it Go!"



I think the "Black Magic" might be amazing...Stay tuned;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment