Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday "Mourning"

Ahhh......it's Monday. The day..my favorite..... although I'm feeling a bit blue (and green) and disappointed.  The blue and red of the Buffalo Bills are my "go to" team....Unfortunately, they don't "go to" the Super Bowl much anymore so in the past few years I have adopted  the Seattle Seahawks as my second favorite child. They sure haven't let me down in my past few seasons of Fantasy Football.  Last year I had the luck (and skill, I'd say) to pick Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch along with their defense...I did well!  This year I once again chose Lynch and he seldom let me down....not even at press conferences.  Nobody should make you talk if you don't want to...even at that salary.  (an issue I have never had a problem with....(I know I ended the sentence with a preposition...sometimes I can't even help it!) Last year's Super Bowl winners were the Seattle Seahawks...not by fluke but by skill. This year, they were back again.  As vociferous as Richard Sherman is and as classy as Russell Wilson is, they were in it to win it again this year with cockiness at a minimum.  They were purely going to let the Patriots deflate their own haughtiness and simply take the high road. ....................until the last 49 seconds. It was their game to win....and to lose.  Not going to play the blame game and be a spoiled sport Monday morning QB... This offense was given a play (I believe by the OC) and they followed their marching orders..... unfortunately....they weren't "Marshing Orders!"  Seems so simple to go to the Beast, go up by 3, play really good D for the seconds left and head to the winner's circle.  On any given Sunday!  And yesterday wasn't ours!
On to the quest for Super Bowl L ..maybe BiLLs?:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment