Friday, February 6, 2015

Let it go!

Recently read an article in the AARP Journal (shut it.)  It listed things that you no longer need after 50.  Obviously it took me a bit longer (nearly 13 years) for it to sink in.  Old habits die hard!






Let someone else do it. Let someone else clean it. Let someone else make the payments.
Let it go. Here's to no more … more. Give it up:
1. The three-dozen-egg carton, the 2,000-pack of Sweet-n-Low and the Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar-size ketchup.
2. Super-sized fries (no one in the car to take the last handful, or take the edge off the guilt).
3. The minivan. How about a snazzy car, a smart car, even a 64 Chevy convertible?
4. A brand-new model four-over-four house — even on the golf course. Even if your kids live next door. Especially if your kids live next door. bigger is no longer better...(unless it's pants)
5. A one-horse open sleigh. Yes, you've been meaning to get the horse but …
6. A Costco membership. You'll never need that many paper towels, unless you run a car wash. You'll never need that much toilet paper unless you run.............OK, keep the TP on hand in bulk!




7. The gym membership. How about the dog, the shoes, the SPF 50 and a walk!?
8. Those seven, nine or 20 unfinished scrapbooks and birdhouses or any craft project!
9. All those teaspoons, fruit spoons, salt spoons, cheese knives, crab picks and lobster crackers liberated from restaurants along with the extra lemon, the fistful of sugar bags, the basket of rolls.
10. Fourteen matching place settings … 14 unmatched place settings are more fun, funky and functional. (unless you host Hatfield Christmas and then you just need them!) The fancy, gold and white Limoge has been shuffled off to family in Georgia...who are much more appreciative than any kin around here.....my blog..I can say what I please!
11. Just one extra shot — tequila, espresso, Botox.
12. Your very own chickens ....Oh HELL NO...I just got those fine feathered friends to keep me company, cackle at my jokes and offer little judgement...not to mention...EGGS!
13. Four-inch heels for the wedding reception.  Gone for good...One blue, black and brown pair of granny heels for special occasions and funerals....which could be the same event:-)


 
14. Another cat  Never, No way, Hate 'em
15. Another hat.... I was just given a handmade chicken hat which is probably my favorite chapeau to date!
16. Another hobby.....bird watching is here to stay...age makes no difference!
17. A bigger flat screen.....you ALWAYS can use a bigger TV... We're up to 73"
18. A bigger boat. we ditched the boats!
19. A bigger mortgage. NO mortgages....whew!
20. More than 700 channels in one night....totally happy with my cable and Netflix
21. More than 700 calories in one hand......Hmmmm
22. Double cheese.....never try to take away my cheese!
23. 3-D.   just plain blurry anyway and makes me duck too often!
24. Four-wheelers... those and motorcycles are a thing of the past...Don't like my legs apart that long!!
25. Quintuplets..never hoped to have them or date them!


And a few of my choices I "let go!":


Spanks......let it go...wherever it wants.....
Selfies ......I take photos of others...............period! Narcissism is an affliction I don't have.
Worry of what others  think.....who am I kidding...I never did!
Travel.......I prefer home....If I haven't been there, I'll Google it!
Wrinkle cream.......doesn't work
And last but not least...................SEX...............As our age, those 60 seconds are precious ticks on the clock not to be wasted!...................just sayin'



No comments:

Post a Comment