Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring into action

That's right my friends..today at 12:57 p.m. (not 56 or 58 but 57) spring will be arriving in central New York.  Right on schedule the sun will shine, the snow will melt, the birds will sing, the temperatures will soar and the lottery officials will pull into my driveway.  Oh, wait a minute. Let me take off my rose colored glasses. CRAP!  I guess I'll put them right back on and sit back and contemplate the day when actual NY spring will arrive.

As you all know, there's meteorological spring and atmospherical spring and of course....common sensical (upstate NY) spring all of which occur at entirely different times...like weeks and months apart.  We know that! After all, we're natives and we know that the seasons are entirely different here in the north. As they say, we have just before winter, winter, just after winter (pot hole season) and that incredible 2 weeks of summer. I like them all but most prefer the just before winter season which to me is better known as football season.  I'm coping though.  The football draft is less than 6 weeks away and Kevin Costner's new movie "Draft Day" is April 11th. All things to look forward to along with March Madness that will help pass the time.
It's definitely time to spring into action and plan my next project, order new chicks, spruce up the house and yard and prepare to welcome a few of my favorite things back into the nest...Life is Tweet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment