Friday, March 21, 2014

And the survey says.............

You know all the little surveys at the end of, well almost everything. They are all just little phishing trips to get your personal information. I know that! Sometimes I fill them out and sometimes I just say, "screw it!"  When I do do them, I freely give my name and my address and always give some made up phone number.  It probably really IS somebody's number but...not mine.  I never give out my household's annual income. I don't even know my household's annual income...I only know it's "outgo!"  But lately, I've seriously considered not doing them at all.  There's generally a question about your age group. o18-25   o26-35  o36-45  o46-60 and o60-dead.   It's becoming pretty depressing to fill in the last little circle.  I no longer have another option... This is it!  What can I aspire to?  The only achievement I can hope for is to reach for the sky....literally.  They don't even give you an opt not to answer box. They've removed all hope from our lives, kicked our feet out from under us and taken away our goals. I'm sure they don't even realize the depression that sets in after their little survey is completed. It's bad enough that I know I'll never win the Walmart $1K gift card or the Target Visa bonanza.  I'll never live in the HGTV's Dream Home or win the shopping spree at Dollar General and chances are I'll never see the Prize Patrol coming up my driveway but I should get something for filling out those freaking surveys.  I should at least get an invitation to Florida to see my favorite comedian, Steve Harvey.  I should at least be able to face the McCoys in a rousing match on Family Feud. I should at least be able to hear those famous words.....And the survey says...........!! After all, I am their flippin' survey!

No comments:

Post a Comment