Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mother Nature.. the jokester

Mother Nature has an incredible sense of humor....and who doesn't love a woman who can make you laugh. Yesterday she made many of us giggly with the anticipation of spring.  She melted lots of snow, made our falls come roaring to life, uncovered a few miscellaneous Christmas decorations, turned ditches into mini rivers and even flew in a few robins for good measure.  I actually turned the heat off in my car as the rays were warming me nicely. 


Somebody obviously pissed her off!  This morning she dropped the mercury more than 20 degrees, started some dripping rain that she's now turned into big, white flakes.  I'm watching flocks of geese across the road practicing their take offs and landings and frankly they just don't seem to have a clue which direction is favorable. They're obviously getting in each other's way as all I hear is honking!!! The patio bird feeders are full and the giant bird feeder across the road has 5 luscious courses displayed in various stages of decomposition (yum.)  I have only seen one adult eagle at a time and that makes me suspect that possibly they're taking turns on the nest. It's a wee bit early (laying usually is between mid March and mid April) but Mother Nature may have tricked them into a false sense of mating time (we have that on this side of the road year round :-)


I have all my chicks in the nest for a couple more days.  That's a very good thing and helps to weather the storm with a smile on my face.  I can face almost anything Mother Nature throws at me as long as I'm here at EIEIO and my family is happy and near.  Boy, the sap is really runnin' today:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment