Monday, March 10, 2014

I love Mondays

...........You know I do........especially this Monday.  Soon I'll be heading to Ithaca to pick up some very special cargo.  This visit may be extra special.  Oh, did I mention it was Jeff?  Did I have to?  Bailee knows we're having a special visitor arrive today and I'm pretty sure her smart, little brain has it completely figured out and is playing along "just for the fun of it!" She knows that chuck roast is on the menu for tonight and that pretty much throws up a giant red flag saying, "Uncle Jeff!" Also, the guest room bed is not cluttered with various decorations or gifts for upcoming birthdays and holidays.  Yep, she knows!  I told her that a dear friend named Mortimer Snerd was stopping by. (Who the hell knows why his name popped in my aged brain and out of my wrinkled
mouth.)  So she "googled" him....of course she did.  I heard a little screech from her as she explained that large wooden puppets are "just plain creepy!"  I actually found the old dummy on Amazon and had I been able to get him here in 1 day, he'd have been sitting at the table tonight....  Instead it'll be Uncle Jeff just as she expects and that will make ALL of us happy little campers!  And won't she be really excited if he ends up at the table for many, many, many more chuck roasts..... just sayin"

Stay tuned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment