Friday, September 20, 2013

World Gratitude Day

As if we don't have enough things to celebrate................well, we don't!  There is never too much to be celebrate and be thankful for.  Tomorrow is World Gratitude Day.  I googled the origin to see when, where and how it began.  As is the norm in this crazy world, there were TWO given credit....

  1. www.nydailynews.com/life-style/horoscopes/world...
    World Gratitude Day falls on September 21, 2010, and was started in 1977 by the United Nations Meditation Group.
  2. plexusworld.com/2013/09/world-gratitude-day-september-21   Cached
    A Brief History of World Gratitude DayWorld Gratitude Day was launched in 1965 at the International East-West Center in Hawaii during a Thanksgiving Dinner hosted ...

    Whichever is correct, gratitude has been shown in various ways long before 1965.  I've always professed my thoughts on such things as Thank-You notes, phone calls of thanks and now in the age of social media, an email, post or tweet.  I believe that Thank You is one of the most important phrases (ever) followed by I Love You and You're Welcome. Please and Thank you are two of the very first things we teach children.You're never too young ( or too old) to learn to be grateful and folks will never tire of hearing it.  It's as nice to be appreciated as it is to appreciate others.  It makes us happy and being happy is a very good thing.

    We are grateful for a beautiful little almost 7 year old who is slowly acquiring some attitude.  We have a little saying around here and it appears to be working.....especially when it's accompanied by that look from Grandma!  A little less attitude and a little more gratitude.    She gets it...and we appreciate that!

    So thank you to all who turn on their computers, iPads and phones and tune into the musings of an old, wannabe writer.  I appreciate all the wonderful and encouraging comments and as long as I can remember my passwords and have still have some sense of humor and humility, I'll be typing how I feel and what I think...shocker!`

No comments:

Post a Comment