Friday, March 1, 2013

Meetings

Hello, my name is Sandy and I'm a gameaholic:-(  Old age, free time, technology and competitiveness have led me down the path to addiction.  Fortunately, there's no money involved...(OK, I have purchased a few extra "helps" in certain games) like poker and slots.  My euphoria is achieved just by beating someone or crawling to the top of the leader board.... Often times it's someone I don't know but playing with pals is a lot more fun.  I don't own a virtual farm or restaurant so I need not accept turnips or garden watering while I'm out of town.  I don't need my windows washed or extra bus boys on the week-end.  I do, however, need to have a trigger finger and lots of useless knowledge.  I have both.  Many games regroup on Mondays and the leader board goes back to zero....that's when I sneak in and attack. I started out just playing on my computer.....then I got a smart phone.. unfortunately, smarter than I!  I would just play when seated at my desk, only play when I had some free time and only one or two games..... That was then, this is now:
Words with Friends
Scramble
Family Feud
Who wants to be a Millionaire
Drawsome
$100,000 Pyramid
Song Pop
and even...You Don't Know Jack.... and I do, by golly!

I'm not yet at the level where attending meetings is a must. A 12 step program does excite me though.  You know I'll be the one trying hardest to reach the last step first.  So far my addiction hasn't been hazardous to anything but my eyesight. I have a larger screen, sit much closer to my desk andhold my phone with bended elbow. The biggest perk has been realizing that so little makes me so happy!!!    Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment