Monday, March 25, 2013

A New Week

I love to celebrate exciting holidays, special occasions and national weeks.  I like Nurse's week and National Chocolate Week, Pasta Week and Craft Week. I like celebrating Spring is here and Winter is leaving and I celebrate all things Summer (except 90 degrees!) I really love National Wildlife Week! National Health Week gets me eating more fruits and vegetable (for that week anyway) and National Apprenticeship Week reminds of Omarosa (not liking that so much).  I'm excited to start planting something for National "We are Farmers" Week and I adore all things about Library Week.
Then comes this week... National Cleaning Week (she typed begrudgingly:-(  So...just how do I celebrate something that is not all that exciting for me.  It's pretty much up there with National Dentists Week!  So, I'm posting these before pictures for YOU so I have no choice but to gloat when I post the afters.  My dressing room needs........attention.  Today it will get it.  Out with the very old, the too small and the pretty ugly.  My "31" will have their own space, my shoes will be dusted and the clothes will be organized by group (ie: sweaters, blouses, tees, short sleeved, long sleeved) or maybe by color..WTH, maybe both.  Jewelry will be neatened, toiletries straightened and make up addressed....(eye lash curler will be history as I can no longer safely operate it without painful eye damage, the magnifying mirror is o-u-t as frightening myself is not good for an old heart and all make up is heading for the trash with the exception of a blush, 2 eye shadows and one neutral lipstick. I refuse to become Bette Davis.
So here is before:

                                             And believe me, this is not a "staged mess" so it will look better after....this is my clothes catastrophe!







And if there is NO blog for Tuesday, March 26th, you'll know I didn't finish (or maybe never even started!)  I did, however buy some matching hangars....so I have very good intentions.  And... I just might be cleaning something else here at EIEO in celebration....like the TV screen:-0

No comments:

Post a Comment