Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dream On

The nights of uninterrupted sleep are over.  My roomie is back from the sunny south and those sounds (and smells) are back at EIEIO..Although EIEIO is a spin off from the Old McDonald's farm, I've tried to explain that it's just a clever moniker and we don't have to replicate a real farm...Needless to say, my bouts of waking are facilitating dreams.  I tend to dream in the wee hours of the morning after drifting back to sleep.  Do our dreams hold any meaning? I'm searching for the answer to this ONE in particular:

I'm in a waiting room of sorts in a "more than 2 story" building.  I'm there with Lee and a male NP who is watching him after several injections in his side?  There are large windows on one side of the room allowing us to see a wide canal with a gentleman loading his laundry into a floating washing machine. On the opposite side of the canal are large high-rise apartment buildings.. one with a long, tall, open staircase........that someone is riding up on horseback.  As I walk toward the window to get a better view, off to my left is a large barren tree loaded with a conclave of cardinals all dressed in their red finery.  You know me, I rushed to take that picture but my camera had either a dead battery or a full media card....it wouldn't work.  Suddenly Terry McKeefery comes to my aid with a replacement.  This allowed me to take my photo and still get to Gary & Bonnie Nye's so Bonnie could show me Gary's newly built "cheese room!"  What the hell is a cheese room?  It was complete with a giant, beautifully carved ocean wave that was verified authentic by a plaque from the FBI.   

I then awake, with a vivid memory of each event and my day begins. I have decided I should purchase one of those dream analyzing books so I know exactly what my (d)illusions mean.  Until then I've decided to avail myself of Advil-PM, possibly a small shot of liquor and squelch the chocolate before bed.  Maybe a little less Bill Mahar at 11:00 too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment